A few days back I came across a recipe for hot chocolate cookie mug on Tasty. As soon my son saw it he said we need to try this out Mom. I love baking cookie, I had never tried baking a cookie cup so thought why not. I followed the recipe from Tasty but made my version eggless and also used whole wheat flour. I try to avoid all purpose flour as much as possible except for cakes.
Now straight to the recipe instead of a mug I just made cookie cups and filled them with hot chocolate ganache. It’s super easy just try it out and you will simply fall in love with this new edible cup cookie.
My recipe is adapted from Tasty’s recipe for hot chocolate mugs : https://tasty.co/recipe/hot-chocolate-cookie-mugs
• ½ cup unsalted butter(115 g), room temperature
• ¾ cup light brown sugar(150 g), packed
• ¼ cup sugar(50 g)
• ¼ cup oil
• 180g dark chocolate melted
• 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
• ¼ cup cocoa powder(30 g)
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the filling
– 150 g extra dark chocolate
– 1/4 cup full fat milk
• Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
• In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
• Add the melted chocolate and oil and blend well
• Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Use a folding in movement at this stage , which means just mix in one direction
• Grease a muffin pan with butter and flour. Scoop out the cookie dough into each cup of the muffin pan
• Use your fingers to spread the dough evenly across the bottoms and the sides of the cups
• Bake for around 10 minutes, until the cookies have slightly puffed up. At this stage, use the back of a steel or wooden ladle to reshape to make a perfect cup. This is very important you need reshape while it is hot.
• For the filling: Melt 150 g of extra dark chocolate. Bring milk to a boil and pour over the warm melted chocolate and let sit for 1 minute, then stir until well combined and smooth
• Once it completely cools, use a knife to gently lift the cookie cups from the muffin tin so one side sticks up.
• Pour the filling into the cooled cookie cups. You can even decorate with nuts. I decorated it with some left over chocolate cookie. Let it set in fridge for a couple of hours
• Hope you enjoy the cookie cup 😊