Have a lot of oranges and wondering how to finish it up, or ever wondered how to make orange marmelade at home then you have come to the right post 😊
This marmelade is very easy to make if you have an insta pot or mealthy. If you don’t have an insta pot you can try this in a pressure cooker or stove top too.
- 8-10 medium sized oranges ( approx 1.5 kg )
- 1 lemon
- 1 medium sized apple
- Sugar (350 g will vary based on how much juice you extract out of the orange )
- 1 cup water (1/2 cup to cook apples and 1/2 cup additional )
- Juice the oranges and save the pulp and the juice in separate containers
- Save the peel from one orange and chop finely into thin strips. Save the skin from a a few oranges as well while you juice. All of this will enhance the flavor of your jam.
- Juice a lemon and grate the lemon rind and keep aside
- Measure the juice, mine was 275 ml
- Core and chop the apples with skin into fine pieces and cook in 1/2 cup water until the apples are nice and tender. The water reduced to approximately 75 ml ( note down the measure of the left over water )
- I now have 275+75 = 350 ml water
- Add the orange juice, orange pulp, finely chopped orange rind, orange skin, lemon juice, lemon rind and 1/2 cup water in the insta pot or mealthy
- Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes ( it not using an insta pot pressure cook for 4-5 whistles in a pressure cooker or 30-40 minutes on stove top stirring at regular intervals until the orange rind, pulp are super soft )
- Once it’s done switch off the pot and let it release pressure naturally
- Open the pot and for a minute enjoy the aroma of your marmelade
- Add the sugar to the mixture and switch on Sauté High for 5 minutes and keep stirring
- Cancel the high sauté mode and switch on low sauté mode for the next 10-15 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half. Keep stirring at regular intervals, the mixture will stop bubbling and the consistency will be similar to a syrup. It is okay if it’s a little runny as the marmelade will thicken later
- Once the jam cools down it will thicken naturally so don’t worry if the jam is a little liquidy after 15 minutes of sauté, just make sure you keep stirring at regular intervals and the liquid reduces by half
Enjoy the marmelade as a dip with scones, bread or anything you like 🙂
Do share your feedback !