- 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small tomato, blanched and peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- A few basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon ajwain
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chilly powder
- Place all ingredients into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on a slow speed and slowly increase the speed
- Blend for sometime until the mixture is ground finely.
- Pour the mixture into saucepan and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes until the mixture reaches a thick consistency.
- Allow the mixture to cool down and store in an air tight container.
Enjoy the ketchup as a dip with your snacks or use it as a pasta sauce 🙂