Looking for a new dosa recipe ! Try this green gram ( or green moong) rava dosa. Crispy, delicious and nutritious are the 3 words I have for this dosa 😊
This dosa has all ingredients similar to Pesarattu but it is made with semolina or Rava. This recipe is adapted from my mom’s collection, by chef Chandri Bhatt.
- Whole urad dal – 1 cup
- Whole green gram dhal or green moong – 1 cup
- Semolina or Rava – 1 cup
- Raw rice ( added for crisp texture of dosa ) – 1/8 cup
- Green chillies – 2 to 3
- Ginger – small piece
- Salt, to taste
- Clean and soak both dals and rice for 3-4 hours
- Grind the soaked dals and rice in a grinder for around 10 minutes to get a nice and fluffy batter, adding water as required.
- Add Rava, ginger, green chilly, and salt and grind for a few minutes to blend all the ingredients well. You can add a little water while grinding
- The consistency of the batter must be slightly thicker than the usual dosa batter
- Ferment the batter for 3-4 hours
- You can make crispy dosas or uttapam with this batter. I made dosas. Heat a tava or griddle on medium heat and grease with oil. Pour a ladle full of batter on the tava and spread it into a thin layer. Cook the dosa to crispy golden brown on both sides, and drizzle some oil around the edges of the dosa while cooking
Enjoy the dosa with chutney 😊