Pulisheri is a traditional Kerala dish made with yogurt, coconut and spices. A popular variety of Pulisheri is the one made with ripe mangoes – Mambazha Pulisheri. I tasted this yummy and unique Pineapple Pulisheri for the first time at my aunt Banu Chithi’s place. It goes really well with rice, dosa. It tastes best when made with fresh and ripe pineapples. Do try out this delicious dish !
- Fresh and ripe pineapple, cut into pieces – 1/4 of a medium pineapple ( around 1/2 cup chopped pineapple )
- Fresh curd, will be good if nicely beaten – 2 cups
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Green chilly – 2-3
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- For tempering
- Mustard seeds, methi seeds, curry leaves
- Add salt and turmeric to the pineapple and cook for few minutes until the pineapple is soft. Add water enough to submerge the pineapple.
- At the same time, grind the curd along with jeera, salt and coconut and make a fine paste. Keep aside
- Mix the curd mixture with the cooked pineapple mixture and heat on low flame for 1-2 minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Make the tempering using mustard seeds, curry leaves and methi seeds and add to the Pulisheri
Serve hot and enjoy 😊